The World Muay Federation had founded in partnership with the Sports Authority of Thailand, the National Olympic Committee of Laos and other regional partners the “Teaching and Heritage Commission” as a conduit with the aim of preserving, promoting and developing the traditional martial arts of SE Asia.
To do this they have defined a set of standards which give practitioners, teachers and athletes alike the chance to learn Muay skills in a logical, safe way while also developing an understanding of how Muay reflects the wider Indochina culture. Muay has long and interesting history of its evolution and WMF is the main institute of it.
– The W.M.F. has partner with the Muay Conservation Centre of Thailand and also the Thai Martial Arts college of Thailand to form a center which seeks to gather information on the history and development of the martial arts in the region. The Center identifies and brings together teachers of the original and ancient forms of Muay providing them with the opportunity to teach and pass on their knowledge.
– W.M.F. has developed and maintains one of the single internationally accepted syllabus which covers all the skills of Muay and more important presenting how these skills have evolved from the Ancient times.
– The W.M.F. hosts teaching seminars and courses, special classes for Teachers and Masters training, athletes training classes and special courses for the coaches/trainers which they cover all of the modern aspects and requirements for this complex martial arts. With over a dozen full time, fully equipped training facilities in SE Asia training/teaching can be organized on a one to one, small, or large group basis; students can join on-going regular training sessions or can book specific courses depending on their time and area of interest. Courses are delivered on demand and can focus on Muay Sport or Muay as a martial art, or indeed a blend of the two, all practitioners will be shown how the two are linked and have evolved.
– The W.M.F. regularly sends out Masters/Teachers, Instructor Coaches/Trainers to teach all over the world. “Teaching and Heritage Commission” also tests and certifies International Teachers/Masters, Coaches/Trainers and Judges/Referees ensuring the standard set forth are maintained.
– Through our program for “Athletes Work Continuity – AWC” advanced or retiring athletes/boxers can join the W.M.F. organized Coaching/Training courses where they learn how to prepare the next generation in sport. They will be thought on how to follow the syllabus, they will be tested and certified, so that they are then able to teach and grade their own students.
– To ensure contests are judged fairly and refereed safely the W.M.F. organizes judging and refereeing courses giving individuals skills essential to the development of competitive Muay.
– The WMF works with many different Governmental and non-Governmental agencies in several countries to take the skills of Muay into schools and communities giving children the opportunity to learn exciting new skills, discipline and to be active all leading to a better health and fitness from a very young age.
So, whatever your interest in Muay, W.M.F. team is available to help. Do not hesitate to email or call us at:
WORLD MUAY FEDERATION (W.M.F.)
RAJAMANGALA NATIONAL STADIUM,
223-224 Zone E, Sport Authority of Thailand, 286 Ramkhamheang Road, Huamark, Bangkapi, Bangkok, 10240
Tel.: +66-2300-6403, +66-89488-7364
Web page: www.worldmuayfederation.org